
So apparently I like slideshows...What can I say? They are an easy way to post a lot of pictures. These are some of our pictures from July. We had a lot of fun. Well...we always have a lot of fun! Who wouldn't? With Hailey around there is never a dull moment!!
Hailey learned quite a few new tricks this last month!
We are doing well. Just keeping busy with the same old stuff. We made a trip to Colorado for my mom's 50th birthday party. That was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. She claims she knew we were doing it all along, but I don't know if I believe her! She was pretty mad when we got to the party and she realized what was going on, but she got over it and I think she had a good time.
Hailey learned quite a few new tricks this last month!
- She can now drink out of a straw. Just all of a sudden she knew how to do it.
- She can now climb up the stairs. All of a sudden, on the 4th, she just knew how to climb up the neighbor's stairs on their porch. Yes, we have gates up, now!
- She signs "please" now. She can do it most of the time without being prompted. When she wants something, she will come up to me and grin and nod her head "yes" then sign please. Its really cute, and how can I resist!?
- All of a sudden (I hadn't been working with her on this at all) she knew where her eyes, nose and mouth were. She was poking her eye in the car, saying "Eye, eye." So we asked her where her nose was, and you guessed it! The finger went right up the nose. She also knows where her head is, and her toes. We are working on the ones in between, still. :)
- She knows a lot of signs. "eat", "please", "more", "fish" (which is super cute to watch her do!), "popcorn" (which is also super cute and hysterical),
- She LOVES her shoes! She tries to put them on all the time. When she sees them, she says "shoes" and brings them to me to put them on. I don't think she is ever really barefoot!
- She is saying (actually saying) quite a few words now. She says "ball", "hi", "bye", "dad", "mommy", "pop" (for popcorn-which is all she ever asks for to eat), "cheese", "shoes", "door". She is growing up so fast!
- My mom and dad were here for a week, staying with us. Hailey got pretty attached to Grandpa. She called him "poppy". So cute. Well they left when she was down for a nap. When she got up, we took her downstairs, and she looked all around the living room and said, "Poppy? Poppy?" It was so sad!!
- She is so resourceful! As we are trying to break her of her binky's, she now is only allowed to have them in her bed. So she was playing in her room one day. And I guess she decided that she wanted the binky's. They were sitting on her blanket, in her bed. So she reached through the bars of her crib until she got the blanket, then pulled the blanket until she got the binky's!
- Another binky story. She was playing in her room the other day and was just too quiet. So I went in to check on her and she had gotten her binky out of her bed, again, and was sucking on it. The minute she saw me, she went running back over to her bed and threw the binky back into it. It was like she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar!
- I told her we were gonna leave one day. So she pulled her wagon right up to the garage door and stood there and waiting. Like she was going to take the wagon with her.
We are doing well. Just keeping busy with the same old stuff. We made a trip to Colorado for my mom's 50th birthday party. That was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. She claims she knew we were doing it all along, but I don't know if I believe her! She was pretty mad when we got to the party and she realized what was going on, but she got over it and I think she had a good time.
Ryan is getting ready to start back to school in about 3 weeks. I'm not looking forward to being a single mom, but we'll get through it! In the meantime, we are just going to enjoy the rest of the summer.




0 comments:
Post a Comment