Tuesday, September 4, 2007

One going on 13....

So I was getting ready in my bathroom today (I realize that this is where most of my funny stories about Hailey start...) and Hailey came in and just stood next to me. I didn't look at her at first, so I was surprised when I did look down at her and she had her binky in her mouth.

I said, "Hailey, where does your binky go?" She just stared at me. So I said it again. She just stared at me some more. So I reached down to try and take it from her and she ran away from me.

So I said, a little more stern, "Hailey Madison Sorenson, where does that binky go?" She took her binky out of her mouth, and CROSSED HER ARMS AND JUST STARED ME DOWN!!!! She was looking at me as if to say, "What are you gonna do about it??" I had the hardest time keeping a straight face!! (Even now as I type this I just have to giggle!)

I was determined to keep my ground, though. So I stood there with my hands on my hips just looking at her. Finally, she ran into her room and put the binky in her crib.

I couldn't believe it! I thought that was a trick of a 13 year old! I didn't realize that my one year old was smart enough to be defiant....well SO defiant! :) I just wish I had had my camera handy so I could have taken a picture of her staring me down with her little arms crossed in front of her! That may have ruined my credibility a little though...

3 comments:

lindsay said...

she sounds like a riot! what a fun little character to have around! i'm sure you are always entertained!
:)

Aubrey said...

She is SO funny! Never a dull moment at our house!!

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Oh just wait till she's 2! Kaci is a hoot yet she trys so hard to test the waters...and keeping a straight face through it all is so hard sometimes! Hope everything is going well for you guys...love your blog, Hailey is just a doll!