Friday, November 30, 2007

November News

November was a totally crazy busy month for us....we've been
going and going and going and going and going...

Ryan
He's working so hard in school! We are so proud of him. He's been doing really well on assignments, projects and papers. He's preparing right now for finals. We are anxious to see his hard work paid off in awesome grades!
Other than that, he hasn't been doing a whole lot...homework and spending time with Hailey and I don't leave much time for anything else. We are so proud of him and grateful for him and everything he does for our little family!

Aubrey
I have been keeping busy with the errands of the season. I'm happy to report that my Christmas shopping is DONE!!! There are just a few homemade things that I need to finish up...then of course the wrapping, but shopping is done! I'm pretty proud of myself. :)
I've been watching my nephew's 3 mornings a week, so I've gotten a taste of life among mothers of more than one child is like...I have a 3 year old, a one year old and a 9 month old...it's crazy some days. It's lots of fun for Hailey though. Things are pretty busy though, but I survive!

Hailey
As I said before, having her cousins over 3 mornings a week is a blast for Hailey. She LOVES Elijah. The last few times, I don't think she has been so crazy about Declan, though. He was sitting on my lap and she came up and pointed at him and said "Mama, down" and pointed for Declan to get down on the floor. Every time I pick him up, she runs up and wants me to hold her as well. And she DOES NOT like that he sits in HER high chair. Every time he sits in it, she says, "Mama, Hailey's!" She is getting into the "MINE!" stage and has a hard time sharing her toys.
She is soooooo smart, though. She will take her socks off and hold them both up in the air and say "Two!" I don't really know where she even picked it up. I haven't really practiced counting with her. She remembers so many things, as well. We were at the shoe store the other night and she found a pair of shoes that looked just like a pair that her little friend, Teagen has. She picked up the box and took the shoes out and came running over to me saying "Te-te! Te-te!" (that is what she calls Teagen). I couldn't believe it! She also found a pair of shoes that she likes (imitation croc's) and took her shoes off and put the ones she liked on-ON THE RIGHT FEET! Where does a one year old learn that!? She knows at lunch time when I take 3 corn dogs out to put in the oven one of them is for her, one is for Elijah and one is for me. She will point to each one of them and say "Yay-ye (Hailey). La-la (Elijah). Mommy." She points to pictures and says everyone's names. Actually one day, I was talking to my brother on the phone (I had him on speaker phone) and she was sitting there listening to us talk. All of a sudden she looks at me and says "Tyson!" I was totally amazed!
She is becoming an expert at throwing trash away. She can recognize that something is trash and knows where it goes. In fact, more often than not, she will make you get up right then and help her put it in the garbage can. She also enjoys cleaning spilled water (of course she makes the mess first...what fun would it be otherwise?) She will see that there are little drops of water on the floor, say "towel" and "mess" and go grab the dish towel and clean it up.
She follows directions remarkably well for a child her age. I'll ask her to go get Declan's bottle from the car seat and bring it to me (just like that) and she can do it! Her doctor is sooo impressed! She is very polite, as well. She hardly has to be prompted to say "please" and "thank you" anymore. She's getting the hang of "sorry" too. I'm so impressed!
She LOVES going to bed. More often than not, she will opt not to read a story, but just to go straight to bed. I've never known a child that LIKES going to bed, let alone will give up a story to go straight to bed. :)
We love her and are endlessly amazed and amused by her.

Please be sure to check out all of the latest posts, especially "Elf Yourself"! That one is particularly amusing!


0 comments: