I got this idea from a blog that I enjoy reading (although I have never met the person). I thought I would do it, since I am missing Ryan - he just left for Atlanta for a couple days - anyway...here is OUR STORY
1. Where did you meet?
Ok here is the back story here: I am a HUGE FAN of Insideout, and we had tickets to that nights concert. The tickets didn't have assigned seating, so we needed to be there early to get good seats. I was at Debi's house and our dates were supposed to pick us up there. Ryan was Debi's date and my date was a guy named Phillip. We had told Ryan to pick us up at like 4:30pm, the concert was at 7:30pm. We waited and waited and waited...with me getting increasingly irritated with this Ryan-person that I had never met. He FINALLY showed up at 6:30 reasoning that there was no reason to be 3 hours early to the concert, that we would still get good seats if we showed up an hour early. I just glared at him, picked up my stuff and stalked out to the truck. I was not impressed. I think he liked me though- I don't know why...I was pretty rude to him and even told him he was on crack, to which he asked my date if they could switch dates! I hate to admit it, but he was right, we still got really good seats...
2. What was the first thing you said to him?
I'm pretty sure, after he showed up late to pick us up, the first thing I said to him was something like "You're fired!" I probably shot him a really dirty look, too!
3. Where was your first date?
Our first date was to my friend Alicia's Christmas Party. I was soooooooo nervous! It took me forever to get ready and then when he took me home I was soooooooooooooooooooooo nervous that we stood awkwardly on my front porch until I finally SHOOK HIS HAND and ran inside!
4. Where was your first kiss?
Do I admit where it really was? It was in the basement of his parents house. We were being dorks and wrestling and ended up kissing....
5. How long did you date?
Well, this is a complicated explanation. Ryan kept changing his mind about what he wanted. He's lucky I was pathetic and hung around as long as I did :) So by the time we got married we dated off and on for a year and a half.
6. Where did you get engaged?
In the field above my parents house in Colorado. In the rain...and the wind...and the dirt...It was all very romantic!! :)
7. When were you married?
August 10, 2002 Jordan River Temple

8. How did your reception go?
It was pretty perfect, actually. We had so many friends and family come. It was awesome to see all those people, but they kept coming and coming and coming...I finally had to drag Ryan out of the reception...
9. How was your honeymoon?
Well, we didn't have a real honeymoon...which was a joint decision. We spent our first night in our new apartment, his brothers were appalled and thought that it was just Ryan being cheap, but it was actually my idea to spend our first night together where we would start our life together. Ryan had finals two days after we got married, so we couldn't go anywhere until after that, and then we had a reception in Colorado a week later. So we spent a few days at Ryan's parents cabin in Midway, then made our way down to Colorado. We could have done that trip in one day, but decided that we would split the trip in two days and stay the night in Green River - BIG MISTAKE! The only hotels they have in Green River are truck stop places - EW! We drove up to our hotel and I had this sinking feeling...honeymoons are supposed to be romantic and clean...our hotel was dingy and seedy, like in a horror movie.
The guy that checked us in had a ratty beard and missing teeth. That was just the beginning! We got to our room and their were stains everywhere and a cockroach in the bathroom! I didn't want to stay there, but we had already paid. I refused to sleep under the covers, and didn't sleep very well, and as soon as I saw the sun come through the blinds I was up and packed and wanted out the door! Ryan said I could never handle living in a 3rd world country, which is probably true. So then (this is turning into quite a novel) the morning after the reception in Colorado, I woke up with a SERIOUS case of vertigo...I was soooooo sick the whole way home. I took some Dramamine and slept all but about 30 minutes of the 6 hour trip home!
10. This is a fun little survey, and I would love to hear anyone else's stories, so feel free to do this if you want. Actually, I would LOVE to hear Ryan's version of how we met... :)







5 comments:
This was fun to read. This was my favorite part, "He's lucky I was pathetic and hung around as long as I did." Arent we all?!
Okay, friend, be glad you are not the only one with a honeymoon horror story...I think mine was equally bad if not way worse. One day maybe we'll get real honeymoons, right?
Aubrey
this is aunt tam
I can beat you on the honeymoon horror story, sometime I might just put that on my blog when amanda helps me finish it, it is quit amusing, And I had to wait 22 years before I got my first honeymoon. Hello whats up with that LOL
Oh well just wanted to leave ya a comment, loved the survey it was great. Love you guys
Cute cute story!!
Super fun to read. I am one of those with a yucky honeymoon story too. I'll have to do this survey so you can read about it.
Post a Comment