Monday, February 16, 2009

We are the Luckiest...


Well since we didn't get our Christmas Card out this year (even though it was completely done - designed and printed out, we just needed envelopes) I figured its about time for an update.

We have been keeping really busy. Ryan just started his 5th semester of his MBA - only one more to go!!! He will be done with his classes in July, but will walk with the graduating class in April. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel!! We are so proud of all the hard work he has done to get this far! He is still really enjoying his job at Sorenson Communications. He hopefully won't have to travel much for training this year - last year he was gone at least once a month. When he's not busy with work and school, he can be found playing "climbing" with Hailey (which basically is just him sitting on the floor and letting her climb all over him), rolling balls with her, reading with her, helping around the house or watching TV with me. He's pretty much amazing - we think that we'll keep him.



Hailey keeps growing and growing, even though we keep telling her to stop. She is a giant chatterbox and talks from sun up to sun down - a trait that I'm told is my fault. She entertains herself most of the day with her active imagination. She has an imaginary friend named Steve. When I asked her if it was her Uncle Steve, she responded "No, just regular Steve." He apparently is a monkey with black ears. He has some puppies that chase her around all the time. Monkey Steve also fell off her bed and broke his leg, his arm, his toes, his forehead and his "backhead" (her words). She complains to me all the time that Steve "is not listening" to her. I just tell her "Welcome to my world, child." She can count to 12 (if the mood suits her), recite books (that we have read a gazillion times) and sing most of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse songs ("The Sensational Six is ready to play, but some of our instruments are broken today..."). She loves to work out on the WiiFit with me. I have taken to getting her her own stool to stand on while I'm on the actual WiiFit, and that works really well for us. My favorite to watch her do are the Hula Hoop (seriously, ask her to do it for you the next time you see her...I promise you won't be disappointed) and the Penguin game - that one because she just laughs the whole time, and who gets sick of a child's laugh?? Not I. Especially hers. She's really into dancing around all the time, lately. Her favorite things to dance to are Mamma Mia and High School Musical (also, coincidentally her favorite movies, lately). Every time she sees something that she wants (a pink mailbox, a pink WiiFit, a pink airplane, a pink car - are we noticing a trend here??) she says "Mommy/Daddy I really want {insert crazy, random request here} for Christmas. Okay?" and then flashes us a HUGE grin. She is a very polite child and says please and thank you for just about everything, which makes me really happy. She loves to talk on the phone and anytime it rings I have to race her to answer it, or she won't give it up. She's HUGELY entertaining and I would highly recommend spending some time talking to her. She's a HOOT and LOVES to be the center of attention.


I have been keeping busy just being a mom and trying to be a good wife. I have been planning a bi-weekly menu that seems to help compulsion spending at the grocery store. Hailey and I also have a weekly baking date - Thursdays - that I really enjoy, though my hips and thighs aren't. Its fun to teach her something that I really love to do, but since I'm such a control freak and perfectionist I have a hard time letting loose a whole lot. I've been doing quite a bit of scrapbooking too, and have made a recent discovery of Photoshop templates, which I have an unhealthy obsession with. I download all the free templates that I can get my hands on. They really seem to help, though, when I haven't got any creativity flowing. Another thing I've been proud of the last few weeks is keeping my sink clear of dirty dishes. I have worked really hard at religiously emptying the dishwasher when its clean so I can always put dirty dishes right into the dishwasher. So far, I think I've done pretty darn good at it - what do you think, honey? Of course there are still areas of housekeeping that I fall short at, but I figure one step at a time, right? I've been trying to work out on the WiiFit quite a bit too, and I have to say I love it. Its so fun and different. I've unlocked all the balance games (though some of them are a little weird - like the one with the candle. What is that???) and quite a few of the exercises.



Well I think that about wraps it up. Hopefully this appeases some of you who have been bugging me (*cough* Shea *cough*) about an update. I'll try to do better for those of you who actually check this.




*The family pictures were taken by my cousin Amanda*

6 comments:

lindsay said...

your family is as cute as ever! i was bummed to hear i'm gonna miss seeing you in new mexico when jared and his dad go up this week.
but it sounds like you are doing great, thanks for all the pictures, this was a lovely post!

Berns and Shea said...

cute cute. Its nice to have an update on whats going on even though I talk to you all the time. Hailey is a doll---send her this way.

Edwin & Tamara said...

Yep they look good, glad that the mickey mouse club theme song works really well, :)
So glade to hear that everything is going well for you guys.
See ya soon

Amy said...

Your picture are so cute! So jealous of your wii fit!

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Very cute pictures! So glad to hear that all is well...nothing like a good update from family to end our day!

Charity said...

The pic of you and Hailey is so cute! I think having a Steve around is SO funny! Cracks me up!