Friday, December 18, 2009

A Visit With Santa....


BEST story to go along with this picture.

The ONLY thing that Hailey has consistently asked for for this Christmas is a bubblegum machine. Every time anyone asks her what she wants from Santa, the answer is the same.

So when she sat on Santa's lap at the Country Club, she of course asked for a bubblegum machine. When Santa said "Well, if you've been a good girl, I think we can manage that." and handed her her present, I'm sure she thought she would get a bubblegum machine right then and there.

She opened up the present and it was.....a Snow White slap bracelet. I looked at her and she had her angry face on.

I said, "Oh look, Hailey! Aren't you so excited?? Its your favorite princess!! Can you tell Santa 'Thank you!'?"

She looked at me and grunted. I asked her what was wrong, and in her angriest voice, she said "I WANTED A BUBBLEGUM MACHINE!!"

Poor girl, she didn't quite get that this was just a taste of Santa, not what Santa will *actually* bring. She was pretty bummed the rest of the afternoon, even though we repeatedly told her that Santa would most likely bring her bubblegum machine on Christmas eve.

I guess we needed to prepare her better for that...

3 comments:

The Oman Family said...

That is hilarious!

Michelle said...

Kids are so funny!

Marcella said...

That is so funny! She is so pretty! I can't believe how much she has grown. We sure miss you! Hope to be seeing you sometime soon. You only live seconds away. :)