Well it was a BUSY Thanksgiving at the Sorenson house!
We had my parents, my pregnant sister, her husband and their 4 year old, my brother and his girlfriend and my youngest sister staying with us!! It was a houseful, but it was wonderful to have so much family around! I made my very first turkey, and, if I do say so myself, it was very good! Besides the Sherman's, we also had Ryan's sister, her husband and their 2 boys for Thanksgiving dinner! It was so BUSY!
It was a fun, but busy weekend! On Saturday, we went to Ogden to celebrate my great Aunt Mary's 90th Birthday! It was a lot of fun to see some members of the family that we haven't seen in years! Then we went and looked at the Christmas lights on Temple Square that night.
Because I have been so busy, I realized I hadn't made a list of what I'm thankful for...and I wanted to, so here goes:
- I'm thankful for my health and the health of my family. We have no serious problems to speak of and for that I'm thankful!
- I'm thankful for our home. There are things I would change about it, but at least we have a place to call our own!
- I'm thankful for my parents. They did a wonderful job raising me. I have manners, I know how to work, I know how to do my own laundry, I know how to cook. I have my parents to thank for all of that. My dad is one of the funniest people I know, he can always make me laugh. My mom is the most selfless person I have ever known, she never worries about herself, always about her family.
- I'm thankful for Ryan's parents. They raised a wonderful man who is such a hard worker and wonderful provider. The Sorenson's are some of the most wonderful, generous people that I know. I'm thankful for everything they have done for our little family.
- I'm thankful for Ryan and the wonderful man he is. He's a wonderful provider, incredible husband and unbelievable father. I didn't think that it was possible to love him more than the day I married him, but I grow to love him more each day. The more I see what he does for our family, what an amazing father he is to Hailey, how much he loves me...I love him more and more each day. I'm so grateful for everything he does for us, for everything he is to us. Love you, honey!
- I'm thankful for Hailey. She is amazing little girl and so determined. She teaches me so much every single day. She is so excited to learn things! I'm thankful for her enthusiasm and energy. She is the light of my life! Love you sweet little girl!




2 comments:
Hey! Well I made our little blog header using Photoshop. I took the sepia photo of the Mesa Temple, then I took 2 photos of us and put them on each side, finally writing the name of our blog, and using "corona" to highlight around the lettering.
I made one for my brother-in-law (he hasn't put it up yet cuz he hasn't had internet in Nepal for the last week). But if you are interested, maybe I can make you something. Just tell me what kind of idea you have.
Sounds like it was a busy and fun Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment