I'm sure all you mom's out there have a million stories like this...
So Hailey's almost 2, so I figure its about time to start potty training. The first step is getting her interested, which she has been for some time now. We bought her her own little potty seat, and she loves to sit on it (fully clothed of course) while I go to the bathroom. She loves to sit on Elijah's potty seat at his house. She'll sit there for hours (well maybe not hours...more like minutes...) as long as she's fully clothed. But the minute you take her pants and diaper off and really try to get her to go...she gets ants in her pants (so to speak)!
Well the other day, she had assumed the position so I knew she was about to poop. I quickly grabbed her and took her to the bathroom and told her we were going to poop on the potty today. She was very excited! A little too excited, I think. True to form, the minute I took her diaper off, she couldn't sit on the potty for more than about 4 seconds. She'd sit, then she'd take a lap around the stairs. Then she'd sit, then dance around the bathroom for a few minutes. I knew this couldn't go on forever, she had assumed the position, not minutes earlier. So I waited, and kept encouraging her to sit on the potty to go poo-poo. After about 5 minutes of the sitting, then dancing/running around, she came in the bathroom.
Then it happened. No, she didn't go poo-poo in the potty.
She knelt down NEXT to the potty and...
POOPED ON THE FLOOR!
That's right, folks. She was inches, if not millimeters away from the potty, and she pooped on the floor.
Gross.
Nuf said.
Friday, March 28, 2008
{potty training adventures}
Posted by
Aubrey
at
6:18 PM
Labels: Hailey, Parenting Adventures, potty training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
ummm...your brave. I haven't started the potty training adventure yet. I am too scared! We need to get rid of the binky first!
Post a Comment