The other night, after Hailey had been in bed for about an hour she woke up screaming!!
I ran upstairs to check on her and she was standing in her crib reaching to me just sobbing! I picked her up and she was shaking and screaming about falling. It broke my heart, I almost started crying myself. I took her to my room to rock her for a little bit until she calmed down. She was shaking for about 20 minutes. When I took her back to bed, she whimpered a bit, but went to sleep pretty quick after that.
Now this hasn't happened since, however, she still sometimes freaks out a bit when I put her to bed. In fact this afternoon, I put her down for her nap, she started whimpering and breathing really hard and wanted me to rock with her. She kept talking about falling down the stairs. She held onto me pretty tight until she was almost asleep. I feel really bad for her...I'm not sure what to do. I've never really heard of kids this little having nightmares, or being aware of heights...is this common?
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Bad Dreams...
Posted by
Aubrey
at
3:11 PM
Labels: Hailey, Parenting Adventures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Claire has started to have nightmares too lately. At least I think that it what they are. She will wake up screaming in the night too and the only way to calm her is to rock her. Hers haven't been as bad as Hailey's sounds though. I am sorry to hear about that:(. Claire gets really scared of things now too - like cartoons even. It is a sad thing when they start to get scared.
Post a Comment