Seriously....I don't know what I'm going to do when my child is a teenager. She has such an attitude ALREADY and does things just to test my patience, that I seriously might send her away when she's a teenager!!!
We went to Olive Garden with Ryan's parents last night and I gave Hailey one of the Andes mints that they give you with your check. I told her just to put it all in her mouth so she didn't make a mess. She gave me this look - this "try-and-make-me" look - and said "Um, nope. I bite."
And she took this little teeny tiny bite! She made the dang thing last for 10 minutes! I was trying to clean her hands, and she had just a little teensie bit left. I asked her to just please put the rest in her mouth. She looked at me and said "Ummmmm, no" and took a TINY bite. I finally took it from her and put it in her mouth. She screamed at me, took it out of her mouth, and took another TINY bite. Seriously.....
This morning, I asked her if she was done with her breakfast (after she had destroyed her peanut butter toast). I asked her 3 times:
Mom: Hailey, are you done with your breakfast?
Hailey: Ummmmmmm, yep.
Mom: Are you sure? Are you sure you are done?
Hailey: I done!
Mom: Hailey, are you SURE you are done with your breakfast? Are you sure you're done?
Hailey: Mama, I DONE! I DONE!
So I took this mean that she was done. My mistake. I took the crumbs that were left and threw them in the garbage. Then the tantrum started. She started screaming at me. "MAMA! FOOD! BACK! NOW!" I offered her strawberries. "MAMA! FOOD! BACK! NOW!" I offered her another piece of bread. "MAMA! FOOD! BACK! NOW!" I finally just cleaned her up and put her down, still screaming. She tried to get into the garbage can to get her food. I picked her up and tried to explain-over the screaming-that the food was yucky now and we could eat again later. She looked at the phone and said "Call daddy." So I dialed Ryan's work number. She got on the phone with him and said "Hello daddy. Mad at mama."
Thursday, April 10, 2008
What am I gonna do???
Posted by
Aubrey
at
3:35 PM
Labels: Hailey, Parenting Adventures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Sorry Aubrey but it's always funny when it's someone else's child. That's because yours does it too and you're glad it wasn't you this time! That mad at mama thing is too funny, though I know it wasn't funny while it was happening.
It actually was pretty funny (the mad at mama thing) when it happened. I was laughing!
The whole thing at Olive Garden, however, I was not amused by...
And you are right, Amber, it is funny when someone else's child does it...Laugh away! I will laugh at you when Jackson does the same thing :)
Hello, have you seen him in Sacrament mtg? I think 1/2 the ward laughs and 1/2 rolls their eyes. Glad you'll be one of the one smiling:)
I love the calling daddy thing. Claire always wants daddy when I get mad at her and mommy when daddy gets mad at her. I hope Ryan was simpathetic to her woes.
LOL :) LOL :) LOL :)
That is so funny, I'm sorry but I have to laugh,
And ya know you can't even get mad at them when they do it cause they are so cute,
Hang in there they grow out of it... sort of :)
Those are the days that Mommy needs to have a time out. :)
HAHA ok I was reading this and can totally relate! Veronica is going through this SAME stage! So fun!
Carter is a boy and still is getting to be this way. Oy. But hilarious for sure to read about!
Post a Comment