Friday, May 2, 2008

The Happs...

Can anyone else believe how fast April went by??? Maybe now that its May, the weather will actually be May-like, rather than February-like. I don't know about anyone else, but I am SO over the snow-one-day-sunshine-the-next weather! Here's the happs around the Sorenson house:

*Ryan*
He's keeping really busy with work and school. Last week, he finished up his second semester of school and has two weeks off in between semesters. Unfortunately we can't spend it doing anything fun together, since he had to finish up some trainings for work...out of town. He flew to Atlanta on Sunday and did a two day training there, then flew to Chicago Tuesday night and will be there until Sunday, and then its back to Atlanta until next Friday. But don't feel sorry for him, its not all work and no play, by any means. He went to a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field on Wednesday. Today he went golfing. Tomorrow he plans to go downtown Chicago and hit the Sears Tower, the Art Institute of Chicago (the one they visit in Ferris Buhler's Day Off), the fountain at Grant Park, and Navy Pier. When he gets back to Atlanta next week he plans to tour CNN Studios, The Coca-Cola Factory, the aquarium and the Museum of Natural History. He's been pretty lucky with his trainings that they don't last all day, so he has extra time to relax and do all this fun stuff, as well. Rough life, right?

Golf course in Chicago


Ryan at the Cubs game

~Aubrey~
I've been on quite the baking spree the last few weeks. I am loving it lately, which is not so great for my weight loss plan...I've baked chocolate chip cookies, fresh bread (from scratch, not the cheater bread machine), rice krispy treats (which I realize its not technically baking), Lion House rolls, and I even attempted to make my own hamburger buns (but my yeast was terribly expired, so they did not work). As usual Hailey keeps me endlessly entertained and busy, busy, busy. We decided that instead of hanging out by ourselves for two weeks around our house, we would take the opportunity to go visit my family in Colorado. In other news, I got a new calling last week. I was called to be the First Counselor in the Primary Presidency in our ward. I am really excited about this opportunity to serve with the other women in the presidency and to work with the kids in our ward. I was told that literally half of our ward is under the age of 10. There are 150 kids in our primary. It will be quite a job, but I'm up for the challenge and really excited about it.

{Hailey}
She is, as always, entertaining and energetic. Mostly she is a lot of fun, but at times, I wonder what I'm going to do if she keeps up this attitude until she graduates from high school. She keeps me on my toes for sure. She turns 2 tomorrow, which is incredible. I cannot believe that we have a two year old!! She's been having a grand old time here at my parents house, with a house full of people to pay attention to her at all hours of the day. She's loving being able to play with her cousin, Trevor, who is almost 5. They get along really good and Trevor is really good to play with her and be nice to her. Hailey, on the other hand, has turned really bossy since we got here. She tells Trevor he better be nice and share his toys or she will take them away (and she did take some of his cars away one time...) She got mad at him the other night and yelled "TREVOR MADISON!" at him. I guess she had heard "Hailey Madison" a few times that day (it was probably more like a million...) and figured that's just what you say to people when they are in trouble...what a funny girl! We all got a big laugh out of that one. Since Ryan was going to miss Hailey's birthday, the day before he left we had a family activity day. We took Hailey to Kangaroo Zoo and Build-a-Bear. It was a way fun, LONG day. It took her a little bit to warm up at Kangaroo Zoo, but once she did, there was no stopping her. She loved going down the big slides with her daddy, and she loved just jumping around like a little maniac. It was really fun to watch her and play with her.

Kangaroo Zoo


In Grandma & Grandpa's bed

Sundae at TGIFriday's for Hailey's birthday
(It was HUGE...4 of us couldn't even finish it!)

Messy face after a smoothie

sitting in her doll stroller with her stuffed monkey toy

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Love the story about Trevor Madison. Just the other day I was called "Mommy J Cooper" since I wasn't listening to Luke. Kids sure do say the funniest things. Kangaroo Zoo looks way fun. We've tried Jump On It but the adults can't go down the slides.