I can't believe that June is almost over! We have been keeping very busy with many things. Its been a while since I did an "update" post, so here's what we've been up to:
Ryan
He is working so hard! When he's not at work or school it seems like most of his free time lately has been used making our yard look really good. He made my garden box for our vegetable garden; he tilled the side where our extra sidewalk used to be, the front where the bushes used to be, and the back where the bushes used to be, not to mention taking all the ugly bushes out (with help from his dad); he brought in topsoil and fertilizer; he planted the new bushes and flowers; he brought in the brick and placed it all by himself! He's amazing. Our yard looks awesome! We're really pleased with the results! He also makes lots of time for his girls. He's got a few more weeks of school this summer, but is looking forward to time off in August. Since it was Father's Day last week, I want to say a little something about what an amazing father and husband that he is. He always makes as much time for us as he can, even with as busy as work and school keep him. He is such a wonderful father to Hailey and she adores him. He is the first person she asks for in the morning. Nothing makes me happier than seeing them play together and Hailey giving her daddy a sweet hug and kiss, then saying "I yuv you too much, daddy!" (That is her way of saying "I love you so much!" and I think it is precious). I'm so blessed to have Ryan as a husband and father to my children.Aubrey
I've been keeping pretty busy keeping the two year old busy! We try to get together with some neighbor friends at least once a week to do something to get out of the house. Its been so fun discovering new things with Hailey and the other kids. I have to say that I really love being a mom and I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be at home with Hailey and watch her learn and grow. Last, but not least, I am officially (as of Sunday) 26. Ryan made it a special day, first off by having me wake up to my sweet baby girl telling me happy birthday, and ending it by gathering some close friends and family for a delicious ice cream cake. It was so fun and I'm so grateful for the friends that we have made here in our little neighborhood.Hailey
As always, this little girl is so busy. She is such a ball of energy, attitude and independence. We love her more than words can say! She is learning so many new things lately. She is speaking in 7-10 word sentences, which I think is pretty impressive! She can pretty much tell me exactly what she wants most of the time. She is picking up funny little things that we say and can comprehend more than I thought a two year old would be able to. The other day I was just talking to her and said something like "Alright, kiddo, we need to get cleaned up." She looked at me and patted her chest and said "Name Hailey!" Seriously, where do they pick these things up?!? Yesterday Ryan was trying to put up a ceiling fan and had all his tools out. She loves to try to help daddy when he has his tools out, so she grabbed a screwdriver. She was jumping around with it in her hand and it was making me nervous, so I asked her to give it to daddy. She looked at it, then looked at the one that Ryan already had in his hand and said "Daddy, use yours. This one Hailey's." Today I told her not to do something and she spun around and looked at me and said "Excuse me! Don't act like that!" Then she came over and grabbed my hand and said "I spank you 2 minutes" (everything is 2 minutes lately...) then she shook her finger at me and said "No, no, no!" All things that I say to her on a regular basis. It was hard to keep a straight face. She has become increasingly independent in the last few months. She wants to do everything herself, in fact, if we start to carry her up the stairs, when she hasn't asked to be carried, she cries and asks to be put down, only to go back to the bottom step to DO IT HERSELF!! She likes to buckle herself into her carseat, open and close doors herself and walk without holding hands (something that makes me crazy when we are someplace busy and she could get lost or hurt). She always says, "I do it a self" or "I do it my big self." She has heard Ryan or me say so many times that she is getting too big (especially when she walks up the stairs without help) that sometimes when she walks up the stairs by herself, she will say "Getting too big!" She is a funny girl and we love her love and enthusiasm for all things.Be sure to go down and look at all the fun things we have been doing this summer!




2 comments:
I am so glad to be your friend, you are an awesome chica and your family is so sweet! Thanks for being such a good friend to me. =) I am glad to see you all are doing good!
Way cute blog! Came across your blog from all the other bloggers in our ward! Don't ya just love blogs! Anyway, check out mine at Livingstoncrew.blogspot.com
Post a Comment