Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wheeler Farm

And I thought the Thanksgiving Point animal farm was cool...

We joined some neighbor friends and took the kids up to the Wheeler Farm and it was so much fun! It was super hot, but the kids had a really good time. The best part is, admission is FREE!! They do have some activities that you can pay for (wagon ride, pony ride, etc). Hailey had the best time and she wanted to ride all the animals. Every time I would show her an animal she would say "I want to ride it." When we saw the ducks at the pond, they were a little too aggressive for my liking. There was this one that kept coming after the kids. Every time one of the kids would get near it it would HISS! Whoever heard of a hissing duck...maybe it was a goose, who knows. At any rate it was aggressive and I think Hailey was a little traumatized after her encounter with it.

Anyway, enjoy our pictures! (Check out our friend, Jennica's blog to see some more cute pictures of the kids.)

Poor Hailey and that darn aggressive duck (goose?)

Riley and the chickens

"see me duck!"

Tate - the cheesy grin

best friends!

chillin' on the tractor...

mommy and Hailey

Hailey and Jackson - Loves!

Teagen and Hailey waiting for the wagon ride!

Hailey riding the pony.
She saw the horses and immediately wanted to ride them. Since she is two, she thinks she can do everything by herself. In this picture, she is telling me to move my arm so she can ride by herself.

Hailey petting the sheep!

Sheep are one of her favorites, and she was so excited that she could get so close to these ones at Wheeler Farm. You can't get so close to the ones at Thanksgiving Point.

3 comments:

Jennica said...

I will be the first to leave a comment on this entry! That was so much fun, very easy to organize and cheap. Thanks for planning that outing and inviting me. =) I will email you the pics I have from that...but remember, you must also get me a copy of that adorable grin!

Katy said...

Yeah, that aggressive one looks like a goose. They can be really mean! Kylie was actually attacked by one when she was about two years old. It totally knocked her flat and pecked at her. She had bruises from it! I'm glad this goose wasn't as aggressive with you guys.

Wheeler Farm is so much fun! I haven't been there in years, but Carolyn's class actually took a field trip there yesterday (yeah, we're on year round school, so this is her last week).

Looks like life is good for you guys. It's fun to peek in and get in the loop (hope you don't mind). :-)

Charity said...

After going to the zoo and seeing Easton so excited about the animals I've been wanting to find a petting "zoo". It looks like you can get pretty close to some animals here- is it just geese and sheep though? I think I might stay clear of the geese...just sheep?