Sunday, October 26, 2008

Vacation - Back to Vegas

Ryan had to go on another business trip the Sunday we got back from San Diego, so Hailey and I decided to stay in Vegas a few more days, and extend our vacation, rather than get back home to real life. We had intended to stay with Berns and Shea again, but their family got sick just before we were to come back, so we ended staying with my sister-in-law, Kim, who is amazing. She is in the final weeks (4 weeks now!) of finishing up her Masters degree, she works full time, she has 4 kids - who are all involved in some sort of extra curricular activity, both of her girls have special needs (one diabetic and one profoundly deaf), she and her husband are both involved in the Nevada Chapter of AG Bell, and countless other activites! They are busy! But she welcomed me with open arms. I am so grateful for her kindness and love. She is one of the most selfless people I have ever met. Everything she does is for the good of her family. She's my hero. I want to be like her when I grow up. I'm so blessed to count her, not only as my friend, but as my sister as well.

We had a great time with Kim and the kids. We helped with laundry, dinner, homework and a few errands. Hailey loves those kids, and had a ball with them. She didn't want anything to do with me with any of the kids were around. I feel like I really got to know the kids so much more this trip, than I have on any of the other trips. They are some very special kiddos! We thank you guys again for the hospitality, the babysitting, the love, and example that you all to us!

Here is a picture of Hailey in Morgan's room, with all her {Morgan's} stuffed animals:

Thanks again, Kim for letting us stay with you, even with all you had going on! We had a blast!

0 comments: