On the way back to Vegas from San Diego, we decided to take the scenic route. We drove up the coast by way of Irvine and Newport Beach. Our friends Dave, Debi and their kids, and Jeremie live in Irvine, so we thought we'd meet them for lunch. Our girls had never met, but they became fast friends.
a fond farewellWe wished we lived closer to the Fronk's! We miss hanging out with them, and we think that our girls would play so well together! It was fun to see them, even if for a short time!
We also made a stop at the Newport Beach Temple. It is very beautiful and Hailey loved walking around the grounds. I've never seen a temple this color before. Most of the buildings in Newport Beach are a similar color, though, so the Church agreed to make the temple this color so it would "go" with the city.
{i really liked the sun-streaks in this picture}Since we took the scenic route, we got caught in LA traffic on the way through. It took us 7-something hours to get back to Vegas. It was rough on all of us. When we got into Vegas, we stayed with my aunt and uncle that have recently moved down there. It was fun to spend the weekend with them, since we don't see them very often. Hailey was quite taken with Aunt Bonnie. She preferred her to me much of the two days that we stayed there. I have a really cute video of Hailey singing along to Aunt Bonnie playing the piano that I'll have to share when I upload it to my computer. We are so grateful to all of our hosts while we were traveling. We had a great time with each of them and made some great memories.








1 comments:
As you area aware now, I'm just getting into the whole blogging thing. I just had to comment on Bonnie - I think that is how all kids are with her. My kids definitely prefer her to me (well, most of the time). ;) She really is the best mother-in-law you could ask for. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip-for the most part!
Post a Comment