Our final day in San Diego we ventured inland to the San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park. My personal impression of this place - skip it. There is no need to drive 30 miles to see the same animals that you can see at the zoo, and see them closer up. Next time we go to San Diego, we won't be making that part of our trip.
It was about 20 degrees hotter inland at the Wild Animal Park than it was in San Diego. We were sweating bullets after walking and pushing a 35 pound 2 year old, in a stroller, along 2.5 miles of non-paved trail. It was disappointing, to say the least.
We did get to see a few cool animals.
The lions:


I thought this was funny. There were quite a few of them that were doing this...not sure why?

Hailey and I sitting in some sort of egg shell-thingy...She saw it and told me to take her picture in it. But then she wouldn't get in, so she wanted me to get in with her and daddy take the picture. So I got in with her, then she wouldn't look at the camera...which is why I'm holding her head up.
We spent the rest of the day trying to fit in the few things that we hadn't had time to do earlier in the week. After the Wild Animal Park, we headed to Seaport Village. It was so neat, and I wish we had had more time to spend there. It was really pretty there. We could see the Coronado bridge and Coronado Island from there. After Seaport Villiage, we went back to our rental so we could watch the sunset on the beach:
She found these benches outside the entrance of the temple and kept posing and saying "Mommy, take a picture of me!"
We had a wonderful vacation. We had a great time together, as a family, after what has been a really long year. We saw a lot of neat things, and experienced a lot of fun things together. We are very much looking forward to our next family vacation. I'm so grateful for my little family and the things that I learn from them each day. I'm thankful for Ryan and what a supportive, loving, caring, amazing person he is. I'm thankful for Hailey. She is our little ray of sunshine. She is such a sweetheart, and a nutjob at the same time. She keeps us smiling, laughing and on our toes. I'm so glad we had this opportunity to spend some quality time together!





2 comments:
Those are way cool pictures of the temple. Sounds like your trip was wonderful, I would have loved it all except all the driving!
Bummer about the Wild Animal Park. I haven't been there forever. I am glad that you made it to seaport village. I love it there. That is where we bought the mexican tile we had on our fireplace in our old house.
Post a Comment