Friday, October 24, 2008

Vacation - Las Vegas Part II

On Thursday night Hailey & I stayed with Ryan's brother, Steve, and his family. We LOVE Steve & Kim and wished that we lived closer so we could spend more time with them. We had a great time with them. Steve is a Halloween FANATIC. I'm sorry that I didn't get any pictures of his house, because he goes all out with the Halloween decorations. He even has a Halloween village. Its amazing.

On Friday, Ryan flew in from Salt Lake. Our niece, Morgan, (who I would kidnap if I could - seriously, LOVE that girl!) watched Hailey that night so we could go out with Steve & Kim. We went to dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe (a sister restaurant to the Cheesecake Factory - with much better food). After dinner we went to see:

image from here.

Phantom is my all-time favorite, and after seeing it at the theater at the Venetian, it remains that way. We had incredible seats (Thanks Steve!) and the show was amazing. The theater was built specifically for The Phantom of the Opera. Full of pyrotechnics, special effects, amazing singers...it had it all! The chandelier is in 4 different pieces, making it incredible during the auction scene. The Phantom's lair is incredible. By far the BEST production I've seen of the show. If you ever get a chance to see it in Vegas, DO IT. You won't regret it.

After the show, we decided to walk over to the Bellagio. The water show at the Bellagio is always one of our favorite things to do when we are down there. We watched the show twice, then went in to walk around the gardens.

This is where I regret not bringing the camera. The gardens, which I'm sure are always delightfully beautiful, were magical that night. They have what they called The Harvest Show. Luckily, even though I didn't bring my camera, other people on the 'net did, so I borrowed some images from Flickr.

image from here.

This guy - his eyes would blink...

image from here.

Though a little creepy, those were actually pretty cool. I'm still so annoyed that I didn't bring our camera. Oh well, what can you do?

It was a fabulous night, we had a great time!!

0 comments: