While Ryan was working in Dallas for a few days, Hailey and I decided to start our vacation early and go spend a few days in Vegas with our good friends, the Costa's. We arrived on Monday and stayed with them through Thursday afternoon. While we were there, we did lots of fun stuff. Though I've been to Vegas several times, I've never done any of the "touristy" things.
We spent the first day shopping and scrapbooking. The second day, we went down to The Strip to the Mirage to see Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden. Seriously, SO COOL. Well worth the $15 admission. First we saw the dolphins. They were in a playful mood! There were, I think, 4 of them out. They were all fairly young and there was even a baby - 32 days old!! So cute!
As I mentioned before, they were in a really playful mood. These two kept jumping up on the bank and sliding back into the water. It was pretty fun to watch. Hailey was squealing with delight, and we got some pretty fun video.
Hailey & I with the funny looking llama-things(yes, that is the technical term...)
On Thursday we went to M&M World and the MGM Grand. M&M World was by far the highlight of Hailey's trip - as a matter of fact she still talks about going to M&M World with Shea and Zoie. MGM Grand on the other hand, wasn't as....grand. Their claim to fame is the lion habitat, and it was WEAK. Especially after already having been to the Mirage.
M&M World is 4 floors of nothing but M&M's and M&M brand merchandise. On the second floor (I think) they have their "wall o' M&M's" with M&M's in every possible color you could imagine. I foolishly bought Hailey some pink and green M&M's. A little tip - if you ever go to M&M World, go look, enjoy....but do not under ANY circumstances buy M&M's at M&M World. I bought less than a quarter pound and spent over $5. I was pretty disgusted. Oh well, you live, you learn.










2 comments:
Ok that looked like so much fun, and all of that fun stuff was in las vegas? You probably said but you know me I might have missed it somewhere.
I want to go to the secret garden, that place looked fun. I don't know if I have ever even heard of it before. It seems like all we ever do when we go to Vegas is walk the strip.
Post a Comment