Sunday, March 1, 2009

Still Feels Good!!!



For Valentine's Day, my sweet husband got me tickets for one of my favorite bands - Rascal Flatts!!! I have wanted to see them for SO long!!

We had pretty fantastic seats and we weren't disappointed, well at least I wasn't. It was such a fun show - so LOUD, my ears were ringing by the end, and I could barely talk from screaming myself silly, but totally worth it. I was up dancing for the majority of the show, I think Ryan got a big kick out of watching me.

Jessica Simpson opened for them, and she was pretty good. We missed about 10 minutes of her set. She did quite a few of her pop songs as well as some of her country stuff, including "Come On Over", which I LOVE. AND, true to Jessica Simpson form, she totally messed up her own lyrics during the song. But at least she can make a joke about it :)



Rascal Flatts was so fun! They did a lot of their hit songs, which made it great for Ryan since he recognized so many of them. It was such a fun, FUN time....Thanks babe for the best Valentine's Day present!!!!

Their entrance was pretty heart stopping. During the break between Jessica and them, they were playing random music - Queen, Sister Sledge, etc. - all of a sudden the lights went down, and "All Summer Long" (Kid Rock) started playing. Everyone was screaming and it was pitch black. Then a huge flash went off, fireworks shot up and the curtain came down. When the smoke from the fireworks cleared, you could see this staircase come down with the band on the top. It was AWESOME.






This was during the big finale ("Bob that Head") They released all these red, white and blue balloons and confetti.


The final wave from lead singer, Gary LeVox.

2 comments:

Silly Shermans said...

How awesome for you...they are such a terrific band, I've always enjoyed their music! I've seen Jessica Simpson open for Ricky Martin wayyyyy back in the day and she did the same thing, lol!!! What a great valentines date night you two had!!

Edwin & Tamara said...

I am so jealous, Looks like it was a blast, And I have to say is that how jessica simpson always dresses for a concert? In them scankie shorts?

Anyway at least you remembered your camara, last concert you went to you forgot it.