Sunday, February 3, 2008

Family Update

- Ryan -
Started a new job with Sorenson Communications (no family relation). He is the Financial Information Systems Analyst. He works with HR, Finance and a little bit with the IT department. He is loving the new job. He's been traveling a lot for training (which I'm not to fond of) but its helping out a lot with his job. He's been to Seattle and LA, and we miss him a lot while he's away. He's been really busy with school too. It seems like the workload is heavier this semester, but he's handling it well. He's had to miss a couple of his classes because of training, but is keeping up well with his class. We love him and appreciate everything that he is doing for our family. He's a good one!

- Aubrey -
I've been busy keeping up with an energetic, endlessly amazing one year old. I've been doing little projects around the house, which keep me busy. I also started Weight Watchers...and I'm proud to say that since I've been on it (3 weeks) I've lost 6 pounds!! I'm pretty impressed with myself! :) I also had the experience of being on Valium...I had my wisdom teeth out and I was walking around in a drug induced haze for 3 days...well I can't really say I was walking...I was mostly on the couch sleeping or reading...I'm only just now coming out of it, which is good since I am on my own for 5 days until Ryan gets back from Seattle. :)

- Hailey -

She is an amazing little girl. She continually amazes us with how smart she is and the things she figures out. She's full of energy, she's got her mother's temper, her father's silly, crooked grin, and her own unique personality. She loves to sing, dance, watch Hairspray and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, play with Elijah, eat snacks and TALK!! All day everyday with her, its a play by play. She has such a LARGE vocabulary!
Here are some of our favorite "Hailey-isms"
guck = milk
yay-ye = Hailey
Tracy = Hairspray
hickey = Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
hink = drink
hum = ice cream
ishus = delicious
me do = I will do it!

She is amazingly perceptive and smart. The other day, after Ryan left, I was crying on the couch, and she came over and gave me a hug and looked at me and asked "Kleenex?" then went and brought me the box of Kleenex!

Since I've been down with my wisdom teeth, she's been watching a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (that's educational, right?). The other day she was watching and they were talking about a pattern. They said "Red, yellow, blue, purple, red, yellow, blue, purple, red, yellow, blue...what comes next?" All of a sudden, she just yells out "PURPLE!" I was in shock! She's such a smart little cookie!!

We love her and are so grateful for her little spirit in our family!

We hope this finds all of you doing well! Leave us a note, we love to hear from our loved ones!

Enjoy some pictures of our little ray of sunshine in this dreary weather! :)


2 comments:

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

That is so great that Hailey loved going to the movies...Kaci loves it! Love the pictures...Hailey is such a cutie pie! Hope all goes well while Ryan is gone...

Brian & Michelle said...

Wow...never a dull moment at your house! The page looks great! I've not gotten into the whole "changing" ours around...but might someday.

Sounds like Hailey is a true girl with talking up a storm! lol

Thanks for the update!