So after a little freaking out, due to a post by my friend, Adhis, I have decided to make some changes around here.
In the next week, I'm going to be changing the URL of our blog. I will send out an email to those whose email addresses that I have to let you know of the change, but if I don't have your email, and you would like to keep reading our blog, please contact me.
You will notice on the side, the links no longer include last names. Our email has been removed from the side as well. I think most of the readers that I would want to have my email, already have it. If you wish to communicate with us and you don't have our email, do so through comments.
You would do well to read through Adhis' post and make certain changes to your own blogs, if you haven't already. Its kind of scary what pops up out on the internet. Another blog I read did a bunch of random google searches, and you would be surprised the kind of random stuff that brought her blog up in a search. CRAZY stuff really.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Some Changes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Holy moly that is freakie
What if your private? So you only choose who gets to read it? Can freaks get in still? I went private awhile ago- as did most of my friends because I didn't want creepies reading about us but can they still? Do you know?
I'm not sure if you have my email...will you let me know if you don't? Otherwise I will just be waiting to see the new address. It is pretty creepy, but I refuse to go private. I hate private blogs! Such a pain! :)
Ya I want to know also if creeps can get on if your private also? And I even took off my live feed, cause they could still see last names, and I updated some of my storys and deleted last names and home towns.
I am almost 100% sure that your info is safe if your blog is private. Although, there is still the chance that people can get your info if they REALLY wanted to and if they know what they are doing, your chances are far less likely if your blog is private. I've been doing battle in my head about going private or staying public, but for me, the reason I started a blog is so my family that doesn't live near us can keep in touch, and I know more than half of them would not want to create a google account to check it, so I'm staying public, just taking some extra precautions.
I'm pretty sure you have my email, but I want to keep reading your blog. :)
Hey all,
If your blog is private, then they'd have to get your password to get in. Which is possible for people who are experts in the field. But your protection in that case is, if someone is smart enough to do that, why would they take the time when there are plenty who are not private and who do share too much information? The other protection is that if they're smart enough to get in, they're not going to waste time with blogs, they'd be trying to get into a bank or something.
just in case, here's mine - i want to keep up on your blog!!!
worst_witch@msn.com
and thanks for the info - i think i'll be making a few changes myself now too.
Hey! Thanks for sharing this. Do you have my email address?? We really should plan a play date sometime.
Post a Comment