Thursday, September 4, 2008

What We've Been Up To...

Wow!! I can't believe that its already September...the summer flew by! We were busy all summer!! We wrapped up the summer with a fun filled Swiss Days. We had a great time with family, fun, and good food. Here's what's been going on with us lately:

[Ryan]
Ryan had the month of August off school, so we (and by we, I mean he) was busy almost every free minute on the yard. I think that it looks pretty awesome and we've gotten so many compliments on it. Ryan-you ROCK! In between work and yard work, he still seemed to manage spend a lot of quality time with us. I think August really spoiled us, as we are all having a really hard time adjusting to Ryan being back at school. I think that Hailey is having the hardest time, she sure loves her daddy, and we wouldn't have it any other way. He's still loving his job, and traveling more than we like for trainings and such. He's an all around awesome guy as always and we are so blessed to have him!

{Aubrey}
I've been keeping busy with a little of everything. We (Hailey and I) tried to do something fun and out of the house every week this summer. We took a few trips to Thanksgiving Point, the library and spent a lot of time playing with our friends in the neighborhood. I love being in Primary and love the ladies that I serve with. I learn so much from them all the time and am grateful for the opportunity to serve with them and serve the kids in our ward. As I said, its an adjustment to have Ryan back in school (3 nights a week!), but we'll do it, and its only for another year (sigh!). I've been trying to catch up on scrapbooking and other projects. (I'll be posting about some of the other things I've been doing on my other blog later on). I still love being a mom more than anything. Hailey keeps me on my toes and laughing all day long.

(hailey)
This kid is growing up too fast!! I look back at pictures from a year ago and can't believe how much she has grown up. She is so busy all the time. She plays pretend, dances, sings, laughs, colors, learns and loves every day. She talks non-stop and copies everything anyone else says/does. She's so smart too. We have a little puppy board book that we've read to her about a half a million times before bed, and the other night she started reciting it to me! I was in awe. She amazes us every day with the things she comes up with and does. Her favorite music to listen to lately is "Mamma Mia!" I took her to see the movie with a bunch of ladies from the neighborhood and I think she stole the show. She was really into the music and dancing in the isles. She was even dancing with the ladies that were sitting behind us. Everyone was cracking up! She came home singing "Mommy Mia! Here we go again!" She's so funny. She imitates stuff that she sees on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse too. She is learning her colors, her favorite is pink. She can count to 10 (for the most part, she still needs a little bit of help as she skips 4, 5, and 6 most times). She loves singing with me. We sing "The Wheels on the Bus" (Her favorite verse is "The mommies on the bus go sh, sh, sh!"), "Popcorn Popping", "Book of Mormon Stories", "You Are My Sunshine" (except I've changed the words to "You are my Hailey" and she loves that), and 5 Little Ducks. She is always "making food" in her kitchen and bringing it to me. She tells me "hot! hot! Let it cool off!" She feeds her Mickey Mouse and her monkey (her favorite toys lately-she takes that Monkey everywhere), pushes them around in her doll stroller, takes them for rides in her car and puts them down for a nap. She is at such a fun little age (most of the time) and we enjoy her little antics. We are so blessed that she is a part of our family.

Anyway, that's what we've been up to. I love being able to keep up with everyone through blogging!

Enjoy some random pictures of our crazy two year old!

silly girl

a tisket, a tasket...

cheese!

This is how she watches TV at night...

Hailey and her cousin, Brock at Swiss Days
(aren't they ADORABLE!?)

she wanted to take a picture of me taking a picture of her....

"eating food"

looking at her belly...

2 comments:

Toes on the Nose said...

ryan,
You are a lucky man. I can not believe how fast your little girl is growing.
doug

Helen said...

Those are the cutest family pictures. I love seeing the pictures of Hailey..she's so cute!